Fiber-optic assemblies for applications in Semiconductor fabrication are mostly related to QA, process control, and energy routing on wafer-etch tools. The fibers are used to perform many different types of Optical Emission Spectroscopy (OES) on the etch plasmas or Interferometric End Point detection, but can also be used to route optical energy as needed to create other necessary effects within the tool. In short, there are many applications for fiber optics on these tools.
Fiber-optic assemblies for semiconductor applications can take many forms and accomplish various tasks including:
- Combining OES and IEP in a specialized fiber assembly
- Reflectometry and Fluorescence measurement
- Ellipsometry and Tiltometry
- Dual arrays for simultaneous detection of 2 channels
- Energy Routing and Distribution
- Specialized mappings
- High temp Ends, Vacuum Feedthroughs
- High temp non-conductive plastic formed cables and end fittings
- Fiber cables with pointing error specifications
- Hybrid FO and electronic cables
- Tolerances (centration, PE, locational for arrays, arrays in particular), and “plug and play”
- Solarization Resistant and deep UV fibers
We specialize in customized assemblies, each suited to the customer’s specific needs. Whatever the requirements, we always strive to exceed customer expectations.